There is something REALLY rotten in the Downingtown Borough Council!
Below is the Agenda for the Sept 2 Council meeting. The agenda, found on the Borough’s website does NOT mention the public hearings that had been re-advertised in the DLN in August! What’s under “Deferred Business” mentions the Ordinance for the Woodbine Overlay District – but not as a public hearing where residents could voice their opinion of it. There is NO mention of the public hearing for the amendments to the Comprehensive Plan. It WAS re-advertised in the DLN AND mentioned in the Suburban Realtors Alliance online news briefs.
Borough of Downingtown to amend Comprehensive Plan
The Borough of Downingtown will hold a public hearing to consider approval of amendments to the Borough Comprehensive Plan. The proposed amendments relate to the land use categories in Chapter 3: Future Land Use & Housing Plan Categories; and Chapter 5: Economic Development Plan of the Comprehensive Plan. The hearing will take place on September 2, 2015 at 7 p.m. at Downingtown Borough Hall, located at 4 W. Lancaster Avenue. A full text copy the Comprehensive Plan Amendments are available for public inspection, and/or copies can be obtained for a fee, at the Downingtown Borough Hall.
Source: Daily Local; 08/25/2015
AND BOROUGH COUNCIL OMITTED IT COMPLETELY FROM THE AGENDA????
Oh, no. There WILL be citizens to be heard on this one. The votes that were taken at the August 5 Council meeting are NOT valid. The Public Hearing MUST take place again. “The Council will consider the ordinance and take public comment at the hearing and will decide whether to enact and pass the ordinance….on the same night.”
If the Comprehensive Plan amendments are not voted on this Wednesday evening, there can’t be a vote on the Ordinance titled “Woodbine Overlay District”.
BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETING
SEPTEMBER 2, 2015
- 6:00 p.m. Executive Session
- 7:00 p.m. Call to Order
- Prayer & Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Expenditures (Period Ending August 31, 2015)
- Approval of Council Minutes (August 5, 2015)
- Citizens to be Heard
- Deferred Business
- Ordinance 2015-04 Amending Chapter 287 Zoning Establishing the Woodbine Overlay District and Amending Chapter 256 Establishing Design Guidelines for the Woodbine Overlay District
- New Business
- Union Place RFP Award
- Union Place Sale Agreement
- Resolution 2015-10 Release of Mortgage Security Agreement and Fixture Filing by ConorDeclan LLC in Favor of the Borough
- Resolution 2015-11 Confirming Provisions of Resolution 2008-19 Remain in Effect (115 & 119 W. Lancaster Ave.)
- Municibid Auction Bid Award (2007 Ford Expedition)
- Mayor & Council Updates